Should you be using Google AdWords or PPC advertising, as it is often called? The truth is, it depends.
It depends on many factors, one of the most important ones being the level of skill and training that either you or the person implementing your Google AdWords has currently got.
The truth of the matter is that AdWords (Google’s trade name for PPC advertising) has not only become more sophisticated over the last few years, but has also grown in its complexity and how difficult it is to use it efficiently.
Therefore, it’s really important that if you’re going to invest your hard-earned cash, resources and time into paper click advertising on Google, then you need a level of expertise. That expertise could either be internally within your company or externally through a marketing provider, such as ourselves.
Below, you will find:
- A video explaining some of the pros and cons of Google advertising.
- A list of my top five things for you to consider before you advertise.
- A link to a report that I wrote a little while ago about AdWords. This is part of a free four-book offer that I made on my website, which I strongly recommend you take advantage of, by downloading this report and the other three reports. You should also take significant interest in the report on Geofencing, which is the new form of advertising recently launched by Google.
My Top 5 Keys To Effective PPC Advertising:
- Landing Page. Before you even start thinking about advertising, the first thing to focus on is the landing page. This is the page that you’re going to pay Google to send traffic to. If you’ve got a page that doesn’t convert, then all you’ll be doing is throwing a load of cash away. Your landing page is arguably the most important part of your whole campaign.
- Start Small. Take one step at a time. It’s a bit like riding a bike. You’ll get better as things go along and you probably won’t start by being perfect at it.
- Train Yourself. Get as much training as possible on how to do PPC Advertising. Like most things in marketing, PPC Advertising can be done either really well or really badly. If you do it well, you will get a fantastic return on investment. However, by doing it badly, you’ll end up wasting a load of time, money and effort.
- Effective Headline. Consider the old saying that the headline is the advert for the advert. And so, when doing AdWords, the most important part of your advert and your landing page is the headline. Make sure it’s a truly outstanding headline.
- Page Relevancy. I’ve literally saved the best till last. And that is page relevancy. Google will reward you for making the page more relevant to the search that someone is conducting. Therefore, by understanding how to make a page relevant to a search term, you can often reduce the cost per click of your advertisement. This means that you can get more clicks whilst saving money.