The secret to successful business growth advice and to being a successful business growth advisor is:
- Be different
- Become a specialist and not a generalist
- Work on getting people to know, like and trust you, your services and your company
1) Be Different
If you are the same as everyone else, then people will buy the cheapest or the one they like the most (see No.3 above).
So you’ve got to be different. Firstly, you don’t want to call yourself a Business Growth Advisor, or a Life Coach. There are hundreds of thousands of those around and you don’t want to be part of that group. So what do you call yourself? Only you can decide that.
I am a results specialist. I specialise in getting business better results. What do you do? How can you take what you do and put it in a box and call it something like I have done with my RESULTS Mastery Programme?
2) Become a Specialist and not a Generalist
Let me ask you a question. Let’s assume you ran a hotel and I came to you and I said…
I am an accountant and I have ten years of experience working with small businesses. Would you like to hire my services?
Or I said…
I am an accountant and I have 10 years of experience working in the hotel industry helping hotel owners with their accounts. Befor that I ran my own very successful hotel which I eventually sold for £2.5 million. Would you like to hire my services?
The first one is obvious – which accountant would you hire? Chances are you are saying the second one obviously!
The second question is this – How much more would you pay for the second one? 10%, 20% 50% more? Only you know the answer, but you would probably be more than likely to pay the specialist more than the generalist.
3) Work on getting people to know, like and trust you, your services and your company
How do you do that? The truth is that there are many ways, but the key is to use all of them. Below are just a few examples:
Getting people to know you, your products/services and your company
- Social media
- emailing (consistently at least weekly)
- Calling on the phone
The keyword is consistency.
Getting people to like you, your products/services and your company
- The words you use in all of the above
- How you say those words in person, on video, or webinar
- Your body language in person, on video, or on a webinar
- Be nice
- Be fun
Getting people to trust you, your products/services and your company
- Get lots of testimonials. What others say is better than anything you can say
- Use case studies showing the results you achieved
- Deliver on your promises
- Do what you say you are going to do
Something to think about?
Want to talk about how I can help you more? Go to our home page, click the golden button and book a free online meeting using my online diary. https://steve-mills.com/
Thanks for reading this and I wish you every success.